Sunday, February 27, 2011

Regional Event Report 2/26/11

There were over 100 participants but not over 125. Seven rounds of Swiss with only Top16 invites.

Round1: Karakuri OTK (me) vs ScrapKeepers
Won

Round2: Karakuri OTK (me) vs Gladiator Beast
Lost (swept!)

Round3: Karakuri OTK (me) vs Solidarity Machina Gadget
Lost (deck check error made by judge)
I would've had this game won, he started by summoning Green Gadget for Red, set 2 S/T and end. I drew, summon Gearframe to add Fortress to my hand, swing for 400dmg, set Compulsory Evac and end. He drew, summoned Red to add Yellow and ended his turn. I drew for my turn, activated Giant Trunade, he had no response so I chained with Compulse to target his Red Gadget and yet he has no response. I ditched a machine monster along with Fortress to S/S Fortress to the field, activated One for One discarding a Karakuri monster to S/S Glow up bulb, syncro for Bureido, S/S Strategist in defense mode and targeted himself by changing his battle position and allowing myself to draw +1 with Bureido's effect. Judge came behind me to stop our match and said I only had 39 cards in my deck so we need to stop our duel and he needed to take my deck for a "deck check". Seven mins later he came back and said that they had an error because they thought I was playing with only 1 Glow-up Bulb (because I had 2 in my main deck). We restarted the match, I OTK him game1 and he redeemed himself in game2+3. Told my friends i'll still play to test the Karakuri deck.

Round 4: Karakuri OTK (me) vs Anti-meta Light Beat
Lost

Round 5: Karakuri OTK (me) vs Anti-meta Light Beat
Lost

Round 6: Karakuri OTK (me) vs Anti-meta
Lost
I checked the Drop box because I was overwhelmed with boredom of the anti-meta decks.

BORING anti-meta decks were all over the regionals event. There were more anti-meta than there were Blackwings and Samurais. All day my opening hands were book of moon, mst, karakuri strategist, karakuri watchdog, and other cards that cant combo well with these cards. I may be putting this deck on the shelf and wait it out till Extreme Victory when new and more support for Karakuri's are available.

In preparations to this event, I had my side built to play against Blackwings, samurais, fish otk, and formula monarchs. These were the decks I was assuming the majority were playing but it seems I was wrong.

Here is the Deck List for my Karakuri OTK…

Monster line-up: 21

3x Machina Gearframe
2x Machina Fortress
1x Machina Force
1x Black Salvo
2x Dekoichi
2x Karakuri Watchdog MDL 313 "Saizan"
2x Karakuri Ninja MDL 919 "Kuik"
3x Karakuri Strategist MDL 248 "Nishipachi"
2x Karakuri Soldier MDL 236 "Nisamu"
2x Glow-Up Bulb
1x Effect Veiler

Spell line-up: 11

1x Dark Hole
1x Giant Trunade
2x Mystical Space Typhoon
1x Pot of Avarice
3x Book of Moon
1x One for One
1x Limiter Removal
1x Monster Reborn

Trap line-up: 8

1x Solemn Judgment
1x Mirror Force
3x Solemn Warning
1x Torrential Tribute
2x Compulsory Evacuation Device

No comments:

Post a Comment