Monday, January 30, 2012

Box Tourney Report @ Lan World Gaming! 1/29/12

Name: Choua
Deck: Inzektor Wind-Ups
Place: 1st! <-- OH YEAH BABY! lol jk.
26 Duelists
5 rounds of swiss - cut to Top8

Round 1 vs Tony X. (Inzektor Wind-Ups) OO
Game1: I won dice roll and started out with -5 in his hand because of Pot Of Avarice then -1 on his field in turn 2 with DAD + Leviair + friends = he scooped.
Game2: DD Crow his Hunter and countered him with my sided cards for the win.

Round 2 vs TeamKhang_CNK >.< (T.G. Stun) OO
We both talked it through like gentle mans and he agreed that if I was his tie-breaker he would have a better chance of getting top 8. CNK = very smart man!

Round 3 vs Lou Y. (Inzektor Wind-Ups) OXO
Game 1: It started slow but it ended up with me on without 0LP.
Game 2: We were able to stop each other's plays but he had the better counter cards that he opened with.
Game 3: DD Crow and Mirror of Oaths was nice to me. He sent Hornet from Dragonfly to destroy my monster, s/s Centipede and I play Mirror of Oaths to get a +1, got rid of his Dragonfly then later DD Crow his Hunter and avoided hand destruction for the win.

Round 4 vs Guy...(Zombie Plants - similar to PK's build) XOX
Game 1: I opened bad so he rushed for game.
Game 2: I destruct his hand and control board for game.
Game 3: It came down to 2 cards in my hand (MST + Hornet) and 2 cards on his side of the board (Debris Dragon, Librarian and 1 set S/T). During my DP I drew into Centipede; I was contemplating on either playing MST or not because I thought it may have been a CotH and didnt want him to get a +1 since he had a Goblin Zombie in his grave so I decided to not play MST yet and to go ahead and just normal summon Centipede. When I did, he activated Compulsory Evacuation Device and I scooped to him. :(

Round 5 vs James (T.G. Stun) OO
Game 1: Wind-Ups -3 in his hand then Inzektors control board ftw.
Game 2: Royal Decree did most of the support for my Inzektor control. However I think he just didnt want to carry the undefeated curse into Top8. ;)

Top 8 vs Houawa (Monster Madness!) OO (this was a rematch from the Wednesday Tourney)
Game 1: He was able to pull off some pretty good plays but because I had my Trap support I was able to win.
Game 2: He opened with Venus, pulled out 3x Shine Balls and went into Gachi, stalled me for a bit and I took a bit of damage from his Gallis Star Beast burns but I was able to wait it out and draw my Hornet to get a good comback by clearing his field and hand to win it.

Top 4 vs TeamKhang_CNK (T.G. Stun) XOO (we were playing forrealz this time)
Game 1: He won the dice roll, set a bunch in the s/t zone with a face up Rhino. I had nothing to stop him even though I tried to pull a victory out of my ass that didnt work...
Game 2: Before G2 started, he asked me to play serious. We started off kinda slow but by turn 3 I was able to start clearing his field and controlled his hand ftw.
Game 3: I opened with Royal Decree including my Inzektors and even though I went 2nd, Decree was able to stop all his traps by turn 3 before I made my Inzektor plays. Luckily he didnt have any MST. I controlled and still destroyed his trap cards even though he couldnt put them in play because I didnt want him to top deck a heavy storm or MST. He also forgot to drop TG Warwolf when I did my Wind-Up plays so it was GG for him.

Playing for 1st vs Andrew (Wind-ups) OXO
Game 1: He attempts to control my hand first turn since he won the dice roll but luckily I opened with a Maxx "C" to stop his play and came back with my own combo. Had kind of a broken hand which consist of Hornet, Dragonfly, Foolish Burial, Pot of Avarice and Instant Fusion...So you know what happened.
Game 2: He didnt open into his Wind-Up plays at all however he opened with 2 Maxx "C" and was able to stop all my plays. It was a struggling war and he won G2.
Game 3: I was able to control early in game however I couldnt end the game as he keep top decking into Rats and Wind-up Warriors which was stronger than my Hunter and ZenMaighties. He had the upper hand with Warrior and Zenmaighty, however I top decked into Tour Guide and went into Zenmaines to clear his field. Next turn he responded with cyber dragon + Shark = Tirus, Keeper of Armageddon. I took a few blows but when Tirus was all out of materials, I was able to come back and win with Dragonfly + Hornet that was in my grave.

Results, 4-1 in swiss rounds, took 1st in top8, ORCS sealed box as prize!

Overall thoughts; I played all good decks! I'm very satisfied with my current build. Compulsory Evac and PWWB helped me A LOT throughout the day. During Round 3 I was able to Compulsory Lou's Zenmaines to get a comeback. In Round 1 I PWWB Tony's Wind-Up Hunter and left him with a Rat in defense mode. I love using these two cards because they kinda have a "What?" or a "uMad bro?" response after activation which also = :) for me...

Advice, try the deck out. There are a lot of plays to make and dont auto pilot it! Even though it's kind of auto-pilot...

Whats next? I've been thinking about making a full Inzektor build that seem to have caught my interest that I've also been testing. LMK if you guys are interested in Inzektor OTK?!

No comments:

Post a Comment