Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Regional Recap 3/10/2012

Regional in Maplewood, MN (Hosted by LAN World)


I entered the event using Wind-Up Deck. There was 265 players at the event with 9 swiss rounds and top 32 invite. I end with 10th place.


Round One


Wind-up (me) vs. Exodia (Won) 1-0


Game 1: Hand control and found out he was running Exodia.

Game 2: I sided in Spirit to help with the hand control. He ran out of stall cards and have to start using his Exodia pieces.


Round Two


Wind-Up (me) vs. Wind-Up (Won) 2-0


Game 1: I started first and set 2 back row and End. He Summoned WInd-Up Shark into another Wind-Up Shark. Change LV into LV5 and Xyz's into Tiras but lost Tiras to my Solemn Warning. After that I controlled the field.

Game 2: I opened with a Maxx "C" and Effect Veiler. Stopped his Loop and took control.


Round Three


WInd-Up(Me) vs. Evolsaur (Won) 3-0


Game 1: Hand Control Loop = Game

Game 2: It was pretty close. I was down to 2500LP left and let him special summon Evolsaur Diplo and destroy my Solemn Warning. When he attacked with Evolsaur Diplo, I special summon Gorz and change the game around.


Round Four


Wind-Up (me) vs. T.G. Skill Drain (Won) 4-0


Game 1: I controlled the game early. Shut down his skill drain with MST.

Game 2: He took control of the field early with heavy back row. Got him down to 3100LP but was not enough to finish him.

Game 3: I started out with Wind-Up Rabbit and start using the Wind-Up beat down. I shut down his traps with Royal Decree.


Round Five:


Wind-Up (me) vs. Six Samurai (Won) 5-0


Game 1: He played Kizan, played Asceticism of the Six Samurai to get Zanji. Then Xyz into Number 39: Utopia. I did my Wind-Up Loop and have a field full of monsters. Then I Mind Control his Utopia and turn it into my Utopia Ray. Field: Number 30, 3 Wind-Up Carrier, and Utopia Ray = Game.

Game 2: Game two was similar to game one. But this time he took my LP down to 3900. But I came back with the similar combo for game.


Round Six


Wind-Up (me) vs. Rabbit Dino (Lost) 5-1


Game 1: He took control with Laggia early.

Game 2: Wind-Up hand control loop + Pot of Avarice = Game

Game 3: I swarm the field with Number 30 and 3 Wind-up Carrier dropping him down to 2000LP. He came back with special summon Cyber Dragon and I activated Book of Moon, but he had a Forbidden Lance. He OTK me after that.


Round Seven


Wind-Up (me) vs. Gravekeeper (Lost) 5-2


Game 1: When I have control of the field, he Pot of Duality into a Gravekeeper Stele. I was having trouble getting through the Gravekeeper Spy's.

Game 2: I swarm the field with Wind-Up and attack for game.

Game 3: We both Solemn Judgment. But I was having a hard time getting through the Greavekeeper Spy's. This is why I need to side in Shadow-Imprisoning Mirror (This card will help against Dark World, Inzektor, and Gravekeeper. Keep this in mind).


Round Eight


Wind-Up (me) vs. Ninja Dino (Won) 6-2


Game 1: Back and forth, I got the win. He was holding a White Dragon Ninja in his hand the whole time (Dead Card).

Game 2: He lock me with Dolkka.

Game 3: Was back and forth again. I was at 2700LP and he was at 750LP. He Special Summon a Cyber Dragon but lost to my bottomless. I took the game after that. He was holding a BLS in his hand hoping I would Solemn Warning the Cyber Dragon to give him a Light monster in the Graveyard. But I have bottomless which stop him from getting BLS to the field.


Round Nine


WInd-Up(me) vs. Wind-Up (Won) 7-2


Game 1: He had 2 factory on the field. Every time I attempt to Special Summon he Drop a Maxx "C". His hand was full of cards and his Wind-Up deck was stack with Marauding Captain and E-Tele. Those cards help him with more plays. He even get out a Brio and bounce my Tiras.

Game 2: Control his hand and got out Tiras.

Game 3: He played Solemn Warning early dropping him down to 6000LP. I saw a open play and turn my field into 3 Wind-Up Carrier and Wind-Up Zenmines and attack for game.


It was a long day, I went 7-2 and took 10th place. Did not make it to Top 8. I noticed that my opponent would put their hand down and wait for me to get the hand loop on them. Making me feel like I should just pay attention to the hand loop. But, I change my build so I would not get stop by Maxx "C" and Effect Veiler. When playing the hand control loop and your opponent drop a Maxx "C" or Effect Veiler on you, then you are pretty much done and you will be holding onto cards that can't do much. That is the reason why I did not run any Wind-Up Magician. But after today, I will be adding in a Wind-Up Magician to help me get the loop faster and easier. I would of won some of these match faster if I would have the loop early. Many players don't own a Maxx "C" so I would be fine in most part. But when I attend YCS, I will have to make sure Maxx "C" will not be a problem. Over all, Regional was great. Wind-Up was fun and I had a great time. Check Below for the Deck List:


Monsters: 24


3x Wind-Up Rabbit

3x Wind-Up Shark

3x Wind-Up Rat

1x Wind-Up Hunter

3x Tour Guide from the Underworld

3x Effect Veiler

3x Maxx "C"

2x Thunder King Rai-Oh

1x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning

1x Sangan

1x Gorz the Emissary of Darkness


Spells: 11


1x Heavy Storm

1x Book of Moon

1x Monster Reborn

1x Pot of Avarice

1x Dark Hole

1x Mind Control

3x Mystical Space Typhoon

2x Wind-up Factory


Traps: 7


1x Solemn Judgment

2x Solemn Warning

2x Torrential Tribute

2x Fiendish Chain



No comments:

Post a Comment