Monday, December 19, 2011

Perfecting Dark Worlds! Intro...

Sup!

So since Calvin started playing DW at locals, I took some time to play around with his deck while waiting for the next round to start, I notice how fun the deck can get and how skillful the archetype is and now I've decided to make my own build with my own tech cards. My way of playing may be unique when compared to others, sometimes I -1 myself to later +1 or +2 myself. LOL that sounded kinda gay...

I have my DW deck put together but I am currently at work so I can't blog about the decklist and I dont want to go off the top of my head either. However I do know I went up to 41 cards in the main deck just because I had to fit what I can and it doesnt even have a Card Destruction or a DDV in the main yet...I'm also missing Allure and DAD because I want to have those in the main build. After testing with the deck by itself, I usually do this before testing with other deck so I can draw out the plus plays and advance plays, I realize something...I need to find a way to keep bouncing my DW monsters back to my hand so I can further abuse them!

A few cards I want to point out that I will be abusing in my build and I hope you guys can see the value in these cards and why I decide to add them...

Ceruli, Guru of Dark World

Ceruli really is a power card! As long as I have another DW monster in my hand, I am discarding this dude first thing! Discarding Ceruli will end up in +2 or more for me. Currently I'm running with x3 Ceruli in my build.

Reign-Beaux, Overlord of Dark World

Reign-Beaux sounds pretty queer but when played correctly, it = +butt secks! Imagine opening hand is Dark Smog, Ceruli, Reign-Beaux, Torrential Tribute/Solemn Warning, plus 2 other cards; set Smog and TT, EP. Opponent Summons monster into TT and EP with 3 or 4 set S/T, during EP, you activate Smog, discard Ceruli to remove their monster, Ceruli eff and discard Reign-Beaux, RB s/s to field and blow opponent/s S/T cards = +3/4! This is a HUGE play! Reigh-Beaux may sound queer but he's considered "Big Sexy" when you play it right!

Compulsory Evacuation Decive

I found Compulsory to be very abusive in DW because even though you -1 yourself, you can +1 later when you reuse the DW effects. The ideal target I use those on is Grapha. Yes, Grapha because it has a destruction effect when discarded and it also has the ability to bounce another DW monster to hand. It is a -1 to start with but will later create power plays to gain multiple + and win the match in a more stylish manner.

Thats it for now. Next time I'll have the video deck list uploaded on here.

Until then, have fun!

-Choua

No comments:

Post a Comment