Saturday, December 3, 2011

Tourney Report 12/3/11

Player: Choua
Deck: Tour Guide Rabbit

Round 1 vs Richie (Agent Chaos) XX
Game1: Venus + gachi +clear my field + my horrible hand = I lose.
Game2: first turn Laggia fail and lost.

Round 2 vs ??? (eHero) OO
Game1: spam field with Laggia + Dolkka + Leviair early = winning!
Game2: He spam field on turn 2 with Rainbow Neos! Atk'ed into my set fossil dyna, I came back with Laggia, then Leviair + Laggia to win.

Round 3 vs Cher (Agent Hyperion) OO
Game1: spam field early with Laggia x2 + Leviair.
Game2: slowly won but ended with Laggia + Dolkka + Leviair + Roach.

Round 4 vs Wa (Tengu Plants no Tour Guide) OO
Game1: TKRO + Dolkka control = winning.
Game2: He had control of board early but I was able to come back later to win due to bad opening hand.

Top4 vs TheYuGiOhShow (Gladiator Beast) OO
Game1: went kinda slow because he set all cards even though I opened with Heavy Storm, was playing safe because I knew he main deck 2 Starlight Road. After I got rid of 2 s/t I decided to risk HS which worked out perfectly. I controlled board afterwards FTW.
Game2: he couldnt draw into his monsters very much so I won.

Top2 vs Alex (Anti-Meta/Stun) OO
Game1: back and forth until we were top decking, I dropped to 600lp with set Compulsory and all he had was TKRO on board. He drew into Gorz, declared atk but I returned it with Compulsory and he decided to end turn. I stopped for a sec and wonder to myself "why didnt he summon TKRO?", drew Tour Guide during DP, summon Tourguide + Tourguide = Leviair = Rabbit = ...I went back to what I was asking myself earlier and decided to go into Dolkka. Declare atk with both and Dolkka negated his Gorz. He made it very obvious for me that he had a Gorz so I knew how to counter it.
Game2: he drew all s/t only...he was able to stop some of my plays but not all so I was able to control board with 2x Laggia + Leviair to win the match.

Result, 16 duelists, 4 rounds, top 4, took 1st.

Deck list of my Rabbit deck...




As for the changes here goes...

- 3x Jurrac Guiaba
- 2x Dimensional Fissure
- 1x Forbidden Lance
- 2x Pot of Duality

+ 1x Effect Veiler - to negate effects + only Tuner.
+ 1x Maxx "C" - didn't want any more than 1 because I wasnt so fond of drawing into my vanilla monsters.
+ 1x Gorz - needed backup.
+ 2x Spirit Reaper - good against mirror match plus it controls opponent's hand.
+ 1x MST - best way for successful plays are to clear opponent's s/t.
+ 1x Book Of Moon - also good against mirror match and all round good card.
+ 1x Dimensional Prison - control opponent's monsters.
+ 1x The Transmigration Prophecy - control graveyard...can help with using Rabbit for the 3rd time if I dont have POA. Also help to counter any card that target the graveyard and it even allows me to reuse any s/t thats in my grave.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I went up to 41 cards in the main deck. Overall I believe this build is a lot more consistent than most decks or builds that I've seen. Then again, all rabbit decks depend on who open with rabbit + tour guide along with s/t support will have 80% chance guarantee to win that game.

Overall thoughts of Rabbit deck in general: I think the deck is not a bad deck, I dont think its the best because it is not consistent. There are times when I opened with 3 normal monsters, kinda makes me want to scoop, however; luckily Sabersaurus has 1900 atk. This deck also makes Bottomless Trap Hole that much better...if I were to continue with the deck I may have to make room to main deck My Body As A Shield because it allows me to make my Rabbit plays first turn even if I went 2nd. There was a round where I went 2nd and had Rabbit + Kabazauls in opening hand, I didn't feel comfortable going straight into my Rabbit play because of a possible BTH so I had to bait it out with Kabazauls...poor Kabazauls. Luckily there werent any (whew)! But BTH is THAT MUCH BETTER and also a HUGE THREAT against this deck. It seems not many people know how to beat/defeat this deck yet. I always see people siding into the wrong cards when going up against Rabbit. Below is a picture of some things I've seen chained to the summon of Rescue Rabbit...

Photobucket

Please add what you have seen similar to the picture in the comment box below.

No comments:

Post a Comment